Moneyball is soooo good…

Home Forums Movie Forum Movie News, Reviews & Discussion Moneyball is soooo good…

This topic contains 11 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  DrScientist812 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Matt
    Matt
    Participant

I’ve loved Moneyball for years, this isn’t some new realization or anything.

Earlier tonight, I had a splitting headache and just generally felt like crap, so I decided to put a movie on and lay in bed. I went through my library, looking for a talk-heavy movie, no action (loud noises) or anything with jarring music cues… and I decided on Moneyball because I haven’t watched it in at least a year.

I thought it would just be background noise that I might be able to fall asleep to… but it sucked me in just the same as it did the first time. By the end I was fully invested and wiping tears from my eyes.

It is one of the few dozen capital-p Perfect films that I know of. It can’t be improved!

I just love feeling this way after rediscovering something and/or finding out something holds up after a long time.

I Watch Too Many Films ;) Let's Talk about Movies!

thedaysdonotend

I know nothing about baseball but still really enjoyed this movie and learned a few new things

CriticalCure13

At first, I really liked Moneyball as a baseball fan and as I’ve grown older I have really started appreciating it as a movie fan. It really is great.

bhanukiran444

Yup awesome movie and i even used that ‘shit’ reference back in college.

bigvince6

Yeah the more I have watched it the more I have like it. It’s in my top 10 now. I absolutely love it.

tokinwhiteguy

This movie proved to me that Jonah Hill is a damn fine actor.

Villain_of_Brandon

Love this movie, not much I’m able to add to this conversations, but on this point

> looking for a talk-heavy movie

The King’s Speech, is pretty good for this.

haemaker

It is one of the best business movies in recent memory. If I had to guide a business through a transformation, I would show them this movie.

It shows all the different types of people and their reaction to change. Early adopters, slow to get it but on board, to openly hostile.

cablecho57

I loved the score too. Really adds to the film and complements the scenes really well.

HappyGilOHMYGOD

Might be my favorite sports movie of all time. Top 25 movie all time overall

Dead_Starks

And it’s legally streaming nowhere right now. Damn you OP for reminding me of my love for moneyball and not being able to watch it.

DrScientist812

That moment at the end when Billy lays out on the field and says “I wanted to win here so bad…”

I felt that. Even as a lowly Giants fan, I felt that.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.