Marvel Studios’ ‘The Eternals’ Finds Its Director With Chloe Zhao

Home Forums Movie Forum Movie News, Reviews & Discussion Marvel Studios’ ‘The Eternals’ Finds Its Director With Chloe Zhao

This topic contains 14 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  al455 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Matt
    Matt
    Participant

Marvel Studios’ ‘The Eternals’ Finds Its Director With Chloe Zhao

I Watch Too Many Films ;) Let's Talk about Movies!

thomasp003

Can’t wait to see more of the cosmic side of Marvel

KevinOwensGetsIt

Holy shit. The Rider is one of the best films I’ve seen in recent years. Hope she has a lot of creative control.

mikantaro

WOW Chloe Zhao are you serious? The Rider was such an overlooked gem this year! This is so unexpected! Definitely looking forward to this!

heiavincent

Excuse me while I pick up my jaw off the floor. I have absolutely no idea how this happened. The Rider is one of the best movies from 2017. An absolute wonder, but also silent, meditative and humble. I can’t wait to see how this project develops. I’d simply never guess it — not in a million years.

jonisantucho

I’m surprised by this development, and also very pleased. The weird part of this is seeing actual diversity in Marvel’s decision: they could have easily hired any basic white dude for this specific project without getting backlash, but they actually went ahead with a director that is a rising indie darling. I only hope that her voice stands out in the final product.

Jantripp

I’m a bit skeptical about this. The Eternals are lower than Inhumans-level in popularity. I don’t doubt somebody could do a good story using the names from the comic but they’re not all that interesting.

EDIT: Just because some of the Marvel characters weren’t as popular as Superman, that does not mean they had no following. It’s just silly to think that characters that had multiple toy lines and cartoons were at the same level as The Eternals.

sgthombre

Marvel really testing to see if they can make literally any property into a blockbuster movie

al455

This could be just the shot in the arm Marvel need in the long run, what a great choice!

I’d assume to anchor the film they’ll tie in Thanos’ Eternal history, but I love that there’ll be a unique voice in there regardless. Without that spark you get Thor: The Bland World, and we’re past that era of superhero flick at this point.

MisterFarty

kelly reichardt’s howard the duck movie is gonna be great

Shadow-Lemming

Alright, this is a huge deal. Not too familiar with The Eternals, but Chloe Zhao is not just an inspired choice, but truly the future of modern film-making. Strange things are happening to Superhero films, and I’m here for it.

Somnambulist815

I mean, okay, but the eternals is a weird choice. Arguably, not even Neil Gaiman was able to weave something interesting and coherent out of them.

MrTwo-Face

Can someone tell me why there is so much MCU and overall movie news this past week? Am I out of the loop about something or is it just the season for movie news?

MeloHallie

Oh my god CHLOE!!!! My absolute fave. Can Brady join too?

hombregato

Well, ten years ago I would have asked “What are her qualifications for an action sci-fi blockbuster movie?” but Marvel has consistently bet well on directors who appear to be ill fit for the genre, based entirely on pitches, and all of them have turned out ok.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.